4.21.2010

Fashion Icon 50's-60's Audrey Hepburn


Isn’t she beautiful? We may think so now, but by the fifties standards, Audrey Hepburn was too tall and too skinny, and was considered to have a “boyish figure”. As a former ballerina, her poise and confidence made whatever she wore look classy and elegant.

Audrey was not only a popular actress, but she was the innovator of her own style. She wore what she liked, which is a style now known as the Audrey Hepburn Look. She didn’t mean to make a fashion statement, she was just being herself. “I never think of myself as an icon.” Audrey says. “What is in other people's minds is not in my mind. I just do my thing.”


The Audrey Hepburn look is feminine and beautiful, yet very simple. She said about her own style: “My look is attainable. Women can look like Audrey Hepburn by flipping out their hair, buying the large sunglasses, and the little sleeveless dresses.” Audrey mostly wore black and white and rarely wore colors. She always wore flats and never wore plunging necklines. Here are some outfits I created that are inspired by Audrey Hepburn and the 50s and 60s:

8 comments:

  1. I just KNEW you had to do Audrey!! I have always loved her "style" and her outlook on it all!! She was her own person. She didn't care how others saw her And she was confident! :)

    Very nice on the Audrey Outfits btw :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Audrey! So classy and elegant! =D
    Great post, and I love the outfit ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Audrey is by far my most favorite fashionista! Her simple style makes her look elegant, classy, and put-together. SHE is my fashion role model. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. She was a great fashion icon. I think its sad though that most of those actresses died of drug addictions....She didn't, did she?

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmmmmmm i absolutely love her and her fashions!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i just love audrey heburn!! she epitomizes classic beautiful style!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sooo cute! I love the vintage style. Check out retroswimwear.com, they have adorable retro and vintage swimsuits!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails