1. The ponytail. Whhhaaattt??? You may be thinking the ponytail is not creative. But there are a lot of creative and easy ways to wear it.
• Wrap some of your hair around the ponytail holder. Looks elegant and not workout or school-sport-ish at all. If you have bangs, you can leave them out or do "bubble bangs" (teased up on top of your head).
Hair length for this style: medium (shoulder) to long
• Pull your hair halfway through the ponytail holder. Start like you’re going to put your hair in a regular ponytail, but the last time, don’t pull it all the way through. This is cute and easy but not-too-casual; works best for a medium haircut with layers, because the shorter layers come loose and the longer ones stay fastened in the ponytail holder.
• Lazy Braid Pony. Put your hair in a low ponytail and braid loosely. You can do this one in pigtail braids too. Don't worry about getting all the hair in the braid. It's supposed to look lazy. This one looks great on ladies with wavy hair.
• Bring back the 80’s Side Pony! This one is super easy. Just pull your hair to one side of your head behind your ear in a low ponytail. In the front, it will look like you have one low pigtail. This way, you can have that cute, low pigtail look without worrying about parting in the back when you can’t see when you’re doing it on yourself. If you want to add a little more complexity to this ‘do (and any of the above as well), tease it and/or dress it up with a big colorful hair band.
Hair length for this style: medium to long
*Free Tip!* The great thing about the current hair trends is that you can be messy. If it’s not perfect, people don’t care. They probably think you meant to put your hair like that.
2. Grown-up Half-up. Tired of the boring half-up hairdo you’ve been doing for years? The half-up just grew up!
Before you pin it back, just tease your hair for extra volume on the top. Here’s how it looked when I tried it out:
3. Low Ballerina Bun. Ballerina buns aren’t just for little girls anymore. You can create a more sophisticated version of it by putting it low, like in the photos below. Just put your hair in a low ponytail, twist it, loop it around and pin it up with a couple jumbo bobby pins, or, if you’re really in a fix for time, you could make a little different version of it and just put another ponytail holder around it to hold it there.
4. I don’t know what to call this one, but I love it! Here’s a picture:
Hair length for this style: medium
I tried this one out, but couldn’t figure out how to get it to stay. Luckily for me, this was one of those hairstyles from my mom’s day that came back, so she showed me how to do it. It’s really easy. Here’s what you do:
• Put it in a low ponytail.
• Stick your fingers in your hair between your head and the ponytail holder to make a hole.
• Push the ponytail through the hole.
• Pull what’s hanging down tight to keep the hair from falling down.
Here it is on me:
What easy hairstyles have you tried out? We want to know about the easy updos I didn’t include in this post! Do you have pictures of yourself in one of these updos? Comment how you did it, and include a link to the picture and you might see yourself in a future post!