3.21.2012

Rapunzel, Rapunzel, Let's Braid Your Hair!

The day after Christmas, I discovered something that would change my life forever. Something that would make my not-so-pleasant day pleasant. Something I would repeatedly thank my Aunt Holli for. This something is called Pinterest. I have 21 boards and over 1,000 pins. If I like something or can even remotely compare to it, I repin it. Yes, I have an addiction (BTW, if you want to follow me, my name is hayliejo), but this addiction however, is helping me find new things to do with my hair!


My latest obsession hair-wise, is braids. I absolutely love them! I always thought that you could do a French braid one way, but no! There are so many different ways you can do them. I’d like to show you a few of my favorite French braid ways off of my Pinterest board. I will also explain to you how to do them so you too can embrace the wonderful world of braids.



French braid pony~ This is a simple, but every pretty braided look. You simply section your hair into two sections; top and bottom, and french braid until you have reached the end of your top half. Then combine the top and bottom sections and secure it with a ponytail holder.



Upside down french bun~ I like to call this the softball do! It is ideal for softball players. It keep your hair up and it looks cool! You simply flip your head upside down and french braid your hair until you’ve reached the top of your head. You then tie the rest of your hair in either a ballerina bun (the picture) or a caterpillar bun (when your hair is pulled half way through the ponytail holder).



French Braid Pony~ I absolutely love this look! It’s cute, stylish and different! A new way to rock a pony. It looks best on ladies with longer, thicker hair. First you divide your hair into three sections; a small top, a medium middle and a larger bottom. Secure each section with either a clip or a ponytail to make sure you do not take hair from another section. Next, divide your middle section down the middle to create two separate parts. French braid them until the reach the middle of your head then continue to braid them down normally. Secure the ends of the braids. Next, take the top section and tease/backbrush to add volume and brush back. Next, take your bottom section and pull it up to where your braids meet. Secure your ponytail in place. Take your braids and wrap them around the base of your ponytail and secure with bobby pins. Next, take your top section and bobby pin it at the top of where your braids meet. If your top section is longer, then secure that section when you secure your ponytail (before you wrap the braids around it). To add the curls, simply take a curling iron to the ends of your ponytail.



Side French Braid Bun~ I love how this little french braid adds to an everyday bun! It gives it that touch of elegance. To achieve this look, part your hair on the side you wish to have the french briad. Start with smaller pieces and french braid back to about a few inches behind your ear and secure it with a clip or bobby pin. Take the rest of your hair and pull it into a low side bun and secure it.




Waterfall Braid~ The Waterfall Braid is just so cool! It looks more like knots than and actual braid! Start by doing the first two steps of a French braid. Holding the hair tightly (major in doing this braid!), drop the botton piece of the braid and make a new one and adding a piece of hair to the top on (like a French braid). Then braid again and drop the bottom piece again and add hair to the top piece. Make sure that you are keeping a firm hold on the braid when you are doing this or the braid will fall out as you go. If you need too, tug on the piece you dropped after you braid over it to make sure it is securely in their. Continue these steps until you reach your ear. Once you’ve reached your ear, simple braid the rest of those pieces down in a normal braid and secure it. If you do not like the braid at your face, you can twist it into a small, braided bun and secure it at your temple with a bobby pin.



I hope you are now encouraged to try some of these french braid do’s! You can find more on my Pinterest board and plently more on Pinterest itself! Don’t be afraid to try something new. If you don’t like it, undo it! You never know if you’re not going to like something unless you try it, so experiment! That’s why they call me *que Superhero music* “The Experimentor”! Hehe!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! love the hair it sooo cute. too bad I can't do it I have short hair.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmm. I don't even know how to french braid..guess I'll have to learn! :) I just learned how to do a regular braid last year! I know, SAD! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love braids! But I have never even learned how to do a french braid...I need to just look it up on YouTube or Pinterest and learn it!
    Modern Modest Beauty

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love love love braids! I've always told myself I'm just not creative enough to do anything with my hair, but then I learned how to fishtail braid and I get so many compliments! I really want to try a waterfall braid now, but I've heard they are the hardest to do, especially to yourself.

    God bless,
    Melissa Renee
    girls-4-god.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails