Ok girls, It's jeans season again and I am so excited! If you're shopping for some new denim, I've found some tips to help you find the style that fits you best.
Find jeans that flatter your figure!
- Pear Figure: Girls with a pear shape have curvier hips with a small waist and narrower shoulders. If you have a pear shaped figure, boot cut and straight legged jeans are best. Straighter or moderate flare cuts will balance out your lower half.
- Apple Figure: Apple figures have a larger top half which usually means a larger bust, broader shoulders, and a less defined waist. If this is you, try wide legged and also straight or boot cut jeans. To avoid making your legs and hips look smaller, go for a lighter wash.
- Boyish/Ruler Figure: Boyish figured girls have a straight figure with very little curves. These girls can wear a straight leg and can also pull off skinny or tapered jeans. Any fading on the thighs will give the illusion of curves.
- If you want to make you legs and thighs look thinner, always go for a darker wash and avoid fading on the thighs.
- Larger pockets, especially if they get smaller at the bottom, will make your bottom look smaller.
- If you are trying to minimize your backside, stay away from crazy "bedazzled" pockets.
Best Stores for Jeans?I am still unsure on this. I buy my jeans from a different store almost every time! When jean shopping it's smart to buy inexpensive jeans, or jeans on sale, but don't sacrifice quality. Some ideas for places to start would be American Eagle, Aeropostale, and Old Navy. There are so many places to check out, just find one that works for you. If you discover a pair of jeans you love, you might want to get another pair in a different color or cut because the perfect jeans can be hard to come by.
Do you girls have a favorite jean style, brand, or store? Let me know. This girl needs some suggestions! :)